Firestick is one of the most popular Amazon popular streaming devices which is portable and effective. It’s easy and simple to use also easy to set up and provides a wide range of entertainment potentiality. In addition, unlike cable, you can put it in your backpack while you’re traveling away from home.
However, what if you forget to bring the remote control with you or it’s broken? Well, I do have a solution for that. So, you may wonder now, How to Connect Firestick to WiFi Without Remote?
Either you can use your smartphone as a hotspot to control the Firestick or use an HDMI-CEC remote to connect the Firestick. In this article, I’ll explain the ways to connect your Firestick to WiFi without using a remote. So, let’s get started!
How to Connect Firestick to WiFi Without Remote?
To connect your Firestick to WiFi, I’ll choose two different methods. One is, utilizing HDMI-CEC & another is your smartphone. Here you go with the ways-
HDMI-CEC means Consumer Electronics Control. It’s a function that is supported in most current televisions. HDMI-CEC also enables HDMI-connected devices to communicate and control one another compatible devices.
With HDMI-CEC you can connect TV receivers, DVD players, Blu-ray players, sound systems, game consoles, and for sure your Firestick with just one remote. To utilize this method, make sure that your television supports the HDMI-CEC. Now, let’s get into the steps-
- Turn on your television and Firestick. Go to the “Settings” button on your Firestick home screen.
- Now, connect the Firestick to your television’s HDMI port.
- In the next step, find the HDMI-CEC option in your television’s settings menu. It may have different names like, “Anynet+”, “E-link“, “RIHD“, “Bravia Sync“, “Aquos Link“, and “Kuro Link“.
- Now, scroll down and enable HDMI-CEC Device control. Also, choose the Firestick as an active device.
- Use your television remote or buttons to go through the Firestick’s setup menu and connect your WiFi network with the given instructions on the screen.
- At this point, your Firestick is already connected to the remote. Now, you can use the television remote to control the Firestick and you won’t need the Firestick remote anymore!
The first method I described is applicable only when your television is compatible with the HDMI-CEC. If your television isn’t compatible, then you can follow this next method.
Amazon provides a Fire TV app that’s extremely convenient and you can install it on your phone. It’s available in Google Play Store and also in Apple Store. A TV app on your smartphone is a great and effective way to link your Firestick to Wifi without using the remote. To do this, please follow the given instructions below-
- At first, you have to set up a smartphone or other device as a wireless hotspot. Set the same SSID and password that your Firestick is currently connected to.
- Now, download and install the Official Fire TV App on the second device or smartphone.
- In the next step, connect the second device (where the app is installed) to the hotspot you created on the first point.
- Now, your second device will act as the remote control and it will connect with the same network as the Firestick.
- Next, connect your Firestick to the television. Then, your second device(remote control) will be able to control and see the Firestick.
- You can use the second device (remote control) to reset the WiFi connection on your Firestick to the local WiFi network. Lastly, you can turn off the hotspot.
If you have conducted a factory reset on your Firestick, here is the solution you can have without a remote-
- With an OTG (On-The-Go) and attach an external USB mouse to the Firestick.
- Now, to connect to your WiFi network, access the setup screens with the mouse.
- Or, if your Firestick has Bluetooth support, you can pair it to a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse. Then, all you have to do is follow the on-screen set-up process and you’ll be done!
So, that’s how you connect your Firestick to WiFi without a remote. The outlined methods also work on the Amazon Firestick, Firestick Lite, Firestick 4k, Firestick Cube, and other Firestick devices. With these methods and techniques in your knowledge, you can easily enjoy your Netflix or any streaming shows offered by the Firestick, without any remote!
So, best of luck, and if you want you may check my other article covered on how to change wifi name and password kinetic Windstream!