Do you suspect that you have an unwanted device connected to your WiFi router? Then, if you know the connected devices and numbers can help you to manage the security system and network speed.
So, you may ask, How to know how many devices are connected to my WiFi router?
There are multiple methods you can use to check the devices connected to your WiFi router. Today, I’ll explain three methods by which you can achieve your goal. Therefore, let’s get started.
How to know how many devices are connected to my WiFi router?
I’ll discuss 3 methods with simple and easy steps. Let’s go-
Method 1: Utilize Your Web Browser
1. First, open your web browser and type the IP Address on the address bar. This will transfer you to the wireless router. From one model to another model, the IP address is different, so make sure to check the manual for the specific address. Otherwise, you can use the common router IP Address, 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1.
2. Then, enter your username and password in the required place. If you haven’t changed your username or password, you can input the default information. The common username and password are, “admin” and “password”.
3. At this stage it’ll transfer you to the WiFi Client List. It can be named as, “Connected Device” or “Attached Device” or similar like these. Then, it’ll show you all the device name lists that are connected to your router.
4. If you notice any unwanted devices connected, then please change the WiFi router password. It’ll force all the connected devices to enter a new password to reconnect.
Method 2: Use a Specific Router Mobile App
1. Some WiFi router manufacturing companies provide their specific mobile apps to monitor the WiFi network. These apps show all detailed information about your WiFi router.
2. Download and install the specific app provided for your WiFi router. Launch it with the required information.
3. Find the “connected devices section”. There, you’ll be able to see the list of the connected devices to your router.
Method 3: Use Network Scanning Tools
1. Network scanning tools scan your network and show you the list of the devices connected to your router.
2. There are network scanning tools like, “Fing”, “Angry IP Scanner” or “Advanced IP Scanner”.
3. You can install one of the tools on your device and scan your network. Then, the tool will show you the connected device list including their IP Address.
You may check Top 20 Network Scanning Tools!
Besides, You may read this aritcle: How to Connect Switch to WiFi That Needs Registration?
How many devices are connected to your WiFi router can help you with network management. I’ve mentioned three easy methods to see the list of the number of connected devices. You can use either of these 3 methods to achieve the goal.
Also, with these methods, you can stay up to date about the devices connected to your WiFi router and ensure the utmost network speed. Now before I finish this article here is a related article for you – how to spy on devices connected to my wifi. If you are interested in spying, give it a read.
- Best Wifi Extender for Detached Garage: Boost Your Wifi Signal
- How to Change WiFi Name and Password Kinetic Windstream?💻🔒🔄
- How to Connect Phone to TV Using Bluetooth Without WiFi?
- How to Connect Alexa to Bluetooth Phone without WiFi?
- 8 Proven Ways to Cool Down Your Router for Lightning-Fast Internet: Beat the Heat