DSL means Digital Subscriber Line, this is a broadband service connection for homes nowadays. Another great internet provider is CenturyLink. With the help of a router or modem, they connect your smart devices to the internet. There are options to rent a modem for their network equipment but it’s quite expensive. That’s why maximum people tend to buy the best router for centurylink fiber instead of renting the internet service modems.
CenturyLink DSL routers are one of the most popular and effective options most people choose. But getting the best router for centurylink fiber isn’t a simple task. So, here we have given some details you should know about CenturyLink DSL and the best DSL modem for CenturyLink, you can use to save your money. Also, don’t forget the routers for CenturyLink Let’s hop in.
What exactly is a CenturyLink router?
A CenturyLink router or modem is kind of a source or entrance that makes it easier and faster to connect the WiFi-enabled devices in your household. More importantly, it doesn’t require much cost or if you have your own CenturyLink router/modem, you can save more money from renting.
Not only that, setting CenturyLink modem or router in your house doesn’t make any hassle with other equipment. For our reader’s information, we all know that modem and router are two different devices and you need both of them to work out. Modem can’t alone replace a router either way.
Gladly, the new updated version of CenturyLink offers a 2-in-1 facility. That means you can have both router and modem facilities in one single device. So, if you purchase the advanced addition, you may get a bonus!
Buyers guide for the best mesh wifi for centurylink fiber
Time to buy the best wireless router for Centurylink fiber. So, before that, we need to check out some important features that should be in your chosen one. Those features are given below-
If you need normal daily internet speed for browsing social media or checking email then you can use a normal speed modem, but if you want to play video games or stream HD quality videos, then you better get a high-speed modem. It depends on your necessity. So, choose wisely and save money.
Make sure that the modem you are buying is compatible with the internet service provider of yours. Purchase one modem which is compatible with any other devices as well.
Hacking and virus attacks on the internet are random now. So, be careful that the modem-router you are buying has the proper security protocols to prevent these issues. Make sure that your DSL modem has Denial of Service (DoS) for maximum protection.
You must purchase one which can serve you up to 3-4 years. A better quality modem can last 3-4 years and later began to create some annoying sound. So, be careful to check reviews and feedback to understand the product well.
Ports are very important to check because it shows how many devices you can plug into the router. The more devices you can add to the router without data speed interrupting, then that’s better.
You should buy a product comparing both money and quality. The quality shouldn’t be considered for money. However, sometimes expensive products lack quality, and some affordable products are full of facilities. So, compare brands and prices before purchasing.
You can Read: Top 7 Best Router For An Apartment 2023 (Buying Guide)
Best for Range: CenturyLink Prism Modem Router
The router is equipped with wide-ranged 2T x 2R antennas for huge coverage.
Best for speed: C4000LG CenturyLink DSL Modem by GreenWave
The router is designed to double the speed, having a data transfer rate of 3 Gbps.
Best for security: CenturyLink Prism TV Technicolor AC Modem Router
When you are using this router there are no worries of losing any data or getting hacked unless there is an extreme cyber-attack.
Best overall: NBS AT&T BGW-320
With a smart interface, cooling fan, and a higher data transfer rate this router is one of the best routers for CenturyLink.
Best for Modern Technology: ASUS AC2900 WiFi Gaming Router (RT-AC86U)
The router can be controlled with the voice to maintain Amy operating.
Best Value: TP-Link AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
This one is a brandy router with an affordable price range having good data transfer rate and a powerful processor.
Best for the advanced technology: NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 Smart Wi-Fi Router (R8000) – AC3200
There is the use of different advanced technologies such as 6 amplified antennas, 1 GHz dual-core processor, high powered QoS, and others.
The Best Mesh Wifi for Centurylink Fiber – 2023
Now it’s time to enter the review part.
CenturyLink Prism Modem Router
The Prism Technicolor C2100T is one of the top reviewed and recommended modems in CenturyLink for its DSL service. The user-friendly features with the excellent facilities make it a hot cake in the market. It has easy accessibility with a simple setup.
With the WPS button, you can connect it with the WiFi-enabled devices in your house even without any passwords. This modem-router helps to support two VOIP lines & one DSL line. This device has four ethernet ports to connect the wireless bridge and a USB 2.0 port to attach a NAS device.
- Latest Technology: The device is filled with the latest technology including the VDSL2 modem, bonded ADSL2+ & bonded VDSL2.
- SuperSpeed: This modem-router is a source to offer a speed of up to 300 Mbps so that you can have the best internet experience ever.
- Security: No more worrying about data-stealing or virus attacks. With the help of advanced improved technology, the security functions are more reliable now.
- Wide Range: Get the faster speed internet in every corner of your house with the wide-ranged 2T x 2R antennas.
- Gaming Device: This is the best gaming router for CenturyLink. Not only that but it’s also the best wifi router CenturyLink can use in daily streaming or enjoying HD quality videos.
- Connects easily with any other device.
- It has multiple ports to connect devices.
- TR-069 remote management provides easy tech support.
- A little pricey
C4000LG CenturyLink DSL Modem by GreenWave
No more struggling with the previous AC generation of Wifi. Here comes a DSL c4000LG router with 3x faster speed as well as compatibility with the latest wifi certification 6 802.11 standards. The router ensures to speed up to 3 Gbps data speed.
If you are a regular streaming or professional game then this one will be the perfect option for you. The wifi router is integrated with additional data capacity to handle present and future home networks. Now, let’s get familiar with a few more features of this best wireless router for CenturyLink DSL.
- High-speed: The router offers internet speed up to 3 Gbps. It uses dual-stream connectivity (600+2400 Mbps)
- Compatibility: The router is equipped with a single DSL port. But the positive fact is, it supports all VDSL ADSL profiles up to 17a.
- Channel support: Luckily the router doubles the speed as offered by any channel of 80MHz. So, it supports 160MHz channel speed, specialized for desktops and laptops.
- Connectivity Technology: Integrated with network optimized dual-core processor boosting features the router supports both LAN and WLAN networks and boosts wireless and wired WLAN-to-LAN performance.
- Compact design.
- Comparatively faster in a medium price range.
- Only 1 DSL port and it’s not a modem like the CenturyLink Prism TV Technicolor AC Modem Router.
CenturyLink Prism TV Technicolor AC Modem Router
Prism Technicolor C2100T is a CenturyLink modem-router that offers both bonded ADSL2+ & bonded VDSL2 to compete with any products in the market. This device is the upgraded version of the 1st product and has 4 ethernet ports and USB ports to plug in other devices.
It performs pretty well and provides an adequate range of internet services. We gladly inform you that this device is compatible to use with TR-069 remote management. It solves remote problems easily.
- Security: The device has WPA-PSK, WPS, WPA 2-PSK security protocol. It helps to use the internet without worrying about virus attacks or deleting important data.
- Faster Speed: With this device, you can enjoy data speed up to 300Mbps. 200Mbps for downloading and 100Mbps for uploading.
- Frequency: It has 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz radiofrequency. With the wider antenna, it also ensures to cover every corner of the house.
- Ports: This device has 4 ethernet ports and USB ports for NAS device attachments. You can add multiple device plugs into the modem router.
- Fit For: This is another CenturyLink gaming router
and also another video streaming is possible with this device.
- It’s a reliable double-bonded device.
- Gives long-range service.
- Connects multiple devices into the router.
- Supports only copper DSL lines.
NBS AT&T BGW-320
A perfect solution for a strong connection is NBS AT&T BGW-320. BGW 320 is a very budget-friendly residential gateway; that anyone can afford. It has a very smart interface and can be easily maneuvered with user voice only. For a smart tech like this, it comes very feasibly.
Because gateways are a smart replacement of a messy connection, gateways like BGW-320 are nationwide used today. BGW-320 is a flagship wireless gateway by NBS. It has an indefinite lifespan due to the appliance of fiber technology. However, you need to seek professional help for its installation.
- Simultaneous Connectivity: With BGW-320, you can simultaneously run your gadgets like your phone/ laptop for any high-quality data transfer through specific WAN interfaces.
- Parallel WiFi support: BGW-320 offers synchronous WiFi support for both low and high bandwidths – 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
- Noiseless: This flagship gateway is not crafted with any fan. Hence the operation noise is almost minimum. However, it is manufactured in such a way that it can channel away heat reducing the risk of failure.
- Triband: BGW-320 offers an amazingly fast speed with 4×4 802.11ax; that is four times faster and stronger than a single antenna. It is easy to register with your host network.
- Efficient Performance: This broadband gateway can double your signal speed and range; offering a wholesome home network.
- Bold appearance.
- Extremely reliable.
- Fast and strong signal manipulation.
- Modern technology.
- Compatible issue.
- Module excluded.
ASUS AC2900 WiFi Gaming Router (RT-AC86U)
For those of us who love to play games, any normal router would hardly serve the purpose for them. For gamers, a special gaming router AC2900 is an excellent choice. It is built with modern technology and offers an excellent transfer speed. Even for seamless online streaming games, you can play relentlessly in 4K UHD with this router.
AC2900 is an all in all router you can have serving the purpose. In a budget like this, you couldn’t have any better gaming router like this; trust me! What’s more, it comes with amazing compatibility.
- Latest Technology Adoption: AC2900 supports dual bandwidths with the recent 802. 11AC MU-MIMO technology. It can transfer data with a speed of 2900 Mbps.
- Lag-free experience: Enjoy a completely flawless gaming experience with AC2900. With the WTFast game accelerator in it, you can make almost anything possible.
- Extra protection: The Trend Micro provides a default 24/7 protection for AC2900. Any kinds of threats are neutralized before they reach your network or devices.
- Parental control: You can customize your router setting using the ASUS router app.
- Dual-core processor: AC2900 is built with an extremely fast 1.8GHz 32bit dual-core processor. It improves network traffic and speed.
- Excellent gaming experience.
- Minimum network threat.
- Latest technology.
- Voice controlled.
- May face GUI issues.
TP-Link AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
TP-link has always been a top-notch manufacturer of networking products. Their latest AC4000 Tri-Band router also offers high performance and efficiency like their other routers. It is a cable-free modem router and comes with gigabit ports. Needless to say, the speed offered by this router covers all of the available devices in your home.
Including any nominal internet use, AC4000 can also be used as a suitable gaming router. With this router, you don’t have to worry about high data usage and slow connectivity. It covers it all for you.
- High Speed: AC4000 offers incredibly high speed. It supports 1625 Mbps on the 5 GHz band, and 750 Mbps on the 2. 4 GHz band.
- Powerful Processor: It is featured with a heavy 1.8 GHz 64-bit processor. It has a RAM of 512MB which supports enough for 4K streaming, videos, and gaming.
- Buffer-free connection: The latest MU-MIMO technology offers to buffer-less connection; through which you can connect several devices spontaneously.
- Range Booster: This router features range booster technology. With this feature, you can increase your range coverage through supported operating systems.
- Security at its best: Get a free infinite subscription to TP-Link HomeCare. You can have powerful anti-virus, parental control, and QoS for an unlimited time.
- Powerful connection and range booster.
- Features link aggregation.
- Compatible with up to Windows 10, Mac OS 10. 12 and Linux
- Slow customer support.
- Not easy to set up.
NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 Smart AC3200
The router is equipped with all advanced components such as 6 amplified antennas, 1 GHz dual-core processor, high powered QoS, and others
Ever wondered how you can cover a wide mesh of devices with a single router? Yes, Nighthawk AC3200 is such a router by NETGEAR. With this powerful router, you can cover a total of 50 devices at once with high coverage. This is pretty cool.
For industrial or official usage, this router is an excellent choice. It is a best mesh wifi for centurylink fiber and smart technology router that can be easily operated with the voice of the user. Let’s take a look at its key features.
- Advanced Technology: AC3200 is a smart technology-based router. It has a 1 GHz dual-core processor, 6 amplified antennas, and high-powered QoS.
- Personal Cloud Storage: You can create your cloud storage with an AC3200 router. It is a very easy step. You can do it with the help of the USB ports of the router.
- Highly secure: AC3200 is highly protective for a secure network connection. It offers the latest WPA2 security protocol; also allows guest WiFi access, firewall, and VPN.
- Full parental control: Ensure safe internet browsing for the next generation. Easily limit internet browsing, filter websites, and also schedule device support.
- 30 days free trial: Enjoy the most economic service from Netgear armor. With this router, you will enjoy the best antivirus package and data protection free for the first 30 days.
- 3200 Mbps connection with 3500 sq-ft coverage.
- Comes with four 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Alexa voice control.
- Suitable for a large house or office.
- 30 days free trial.
- Low buffers.
- Poor customer service.
What are the benefits of using a router for CenturyLink fiber?
Well, plenty of benefits you will get by using a CenturyLink modem or router. Those benefits include-
- Save Your Money
Let’s have an example. Let’s say your monthly charge for renting a CenturyLink modem is $10. So, in one year you have to pay $120 as your charge for modem rent. You can save this rental money if you buy one modem on your own. So, it will rather save your money each month.
- Faster Speed
You will get faster internet speed than before with the cable internet plans. With 400Mbps and faster speed stream HD quality video and enjoy yourself.
- Unlimited Data
If you buy one for yourself, you are completely free to choose which router you want to get for your WiFi. So, enjoy the unlimited Wifi at home!
- One-Time Cost
If you buy one modem or router, that will be your one-time purchase or investment. If you purchase it once, your monthly rent will be saved and you will enjoy more facilities.
- Long Time Service
You will get higher speed internet service with the most affordable costs. Comparing this, the customers who used the CenturyLink modem or router were pretty much satisfied with the service.
- Compatible With Any type of equipment
You can attach the modem to any router that suits your WiFi and get a faster and better facility. But, it’s recommended to use CenturyLink equipment to get better service than ever.
What is DSL?
A DSL is a device that works like both a modem and router. It links directly with the Internet Service Provider and manages the wireless network to all devices in a household.
Do I need a router for CenturyLink fiber?
Yes, it’s better to use an effective router for Centurylink to save the overall cost and enjoy high-speed Internet.
What is CenturyLink’s best modem?
I would recommend the CenturyLink Prism Modem Router.
What is the difference between router and modem?
A modem is used to connect devices with the internet and a router is used to connect one computer to another computer. If you use both a modem and a router, you can use the internet on your computer. Modem-router in one device operates for both.
Can a router be used without a modem?
Yes, the router can be used separately. You can send files from one computer to another using a router, a kind of Bluetooth. You can even stream videos on your smart TV with your router.
Is CenturyLink Good For Gaming?
If you’re a crazy online gamer then you obviously know that a reliable internet speed is a must option to ensure your victory.
That’s why you must use an internet service that offers the suggested internet speeds and lower latency for online gaming.
And this is nothing but CenturyLink which offers high-speed internet options for your desired quality gaming experience.
In this article, I am going to review whether CenturyLink is an excellent choice for gaming.
Suggested Internet Speeds for Online Gaming
For good online gaming, there are some important factors that determine whether your internet service provider is good for gaming.
So, let’s see the below chart where it’s shown the minimum recommended internet speed for good online gaming.
|Gaming Platform||Download Speed Required||Upload Speed Required|
|Online multiplayer||4Mbps||1.5 Mbps|
|Playstation One Player||3 to 4 Mbps||0.5 Mbps|
|Xbox One Player||3 to 4 Mbps||0.5 Mbps|
|PC||3 to 6 Mbps||0.75 to 1 Mbps|
If any internet provider meets the above-required speed for internet gaming, then you can use their service. But to get the optimal gaming experience, you must choose a robust plan and after reading the whole article, you will know whether CenturyLink provides the robust plan.
But before that, you have to know another factor that’s so important like the upload and download speed for online gaming, and that’s nothing but the “ping” sometimes known as latency.
What Is Ping or Latency and How Does It Affect Internet gaming?
The time it takes to send information from your gaming platform to the gaming server and back to your gaming platform again is known as Ping or Latency.
The Ping not only affects directly on your internet gaming but also drastically affects your performance basically when you play online video games like multiplayer shooter games.
So, when it comes to the ping or latency, the best-recommended internet connection is the fiber-optic network that ensures the best ping.
In fact, the fiber internet connection performs better to provide optimal upload and download speeds as well as it provides better performance on video live streaming games like Twitch.
So, Let’s Know About CenturyLink Fiber Internet
As you know the internet speeds of internet service providers depend on the area you live in, so the speed may vary in accordance with your area.
But overall, CenturyLink provides both DSL and fiber optic connections and provides 100-940 Mbps upload/download speeds, as well as it has 36ms latency that’s excellent for online gaming.
If you want to get the fastest internet speed, you may subscribe to the CenturyLink fiber Gigabit service. I personally recommended you for getting better Internet speed, just use the Best Router for Centurylink in 2023!
So, Is CenturyLink good for gaming?
There are three things that are essential for good online gaming and that are optimal download and upload speeds and lower latency.
If we notice CenturyLink’s internet plans or download/upload speeds, then we can see that it meets the required speeds perfectly and also has lower latency as well.
Besides, CenturyLink Fiber service is highly recommended for gaming as the fiber optic connection has comparatively lower ping than the DSL, satellite, and cable network.
So, if you’re a crazy online gamer and you require the fastest internet speed, then considering all the cases, I highly recommend you CenturyLink.
How To Improve Online Gaming Experience?
If your internet runs uninterruptedly then you will get a better gaming experience, so to run your internet without interruptions, follow these two factors:
Use Ethernet Over Wi-Fi
Although the wifi service is great, the wired connection provides the optimal speed with the lowest latency
Because if you use wireless services then there are some interrupting things that can slow down or blockage the internet speed.
On the contrary, if you use an ethernet cable, then it will help you connect your device to the router directly and there will be no barrier on the way that can interrupt the internet speed.
So, ethernet is the most preferable way for professional gamers to enjoy seamless gaming and the fastest speeds.
But if you want to use wifi service, then you have to position your device as much as close to your wifi router so that your device can get the optimal signals from your router.
Limit The Number of Devices To Connect
It’s a common matter that every router comes with a limited number of device-connected capacities and some routers can connect 100+ wifi-enabled devices simultaneously and some can connect 20 devices altogether.
So, the more wifi-enabled devices you connect simultaneously, the more your internet speed will be affected directly due to traffic.
Now we will wrap up our article, so we hope the review of the best router for Centurylink fiber was helpful for you, and following the content you can buy the best CenturyLink modem/router for your purpose. Understand your purpose better, by reading the Guide and FAQs. That’s how you will be able to buy the best for you. However, before leaving, one certain recommendation – NBS AT&T BGW-320.