Can you imagine a single moment without the internet? The answer will definitely be ‘NO’. And also you can’t imagine the fastest and most stable internet connection in your apartment without wifi. So, if you want to connect yourself with wifi and want to get a superior speed internet connection, then you must look for the best router for an apartment.
But when it comes to the wifi router, you have to think a lot about which router will be perfect for your apartment. Because different wifi routers come with different wifi ranges and wifi speeds along with other different features. So, it’s a bit complicated to find out the precise routers for your apartment.
Anyway, after lots of research, I have got the top 7 best routers for apartments and reviewed them in this article and hope that it would be really helpful to you.
Best router for an apartment overall (Editor’s Choice)-TP-Link AX5400(Archer AX73) WiFi 6 Router- “Designed with the latest generation Wi-Fi 6 technology and comes with a great software interface. It provides extensive coverage and is perfect for 8K Streaming. So, you can assuredly use this high-speed wifi router as the best router for an apartment.”
Best router for small apartment-NETGEAR 4-Stream WiFi 6 Router (R6700AX)- “For a small apartment, this router might be a good solution. It can cover up to 1,500 sq. ft coverage and provides up to 1.8 Gbps fantastic speed wifi connection. Besides, it comes with many useful features.that make this router worthy.”
Best mesh router for large apartment-Tenda Nova Tri-band Mesh WiFi System- “You can get the best internet experience with this tri band mesh router. Comes with up to 6,000 sq.ft.wifi coverage and so provides super speed and consistent signal to every corner of your apartment. So, there is no denying that it would be the best mesh wifi router for a large apartment.”
Best router for medium apartment-NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Smart Wi-Fi Router-Fantastic wifi router that might content most of the users and it would be assuredly the best router for medium sized apartment. Both the performance and management of this wifi router is excellent and it has good value for the money.”
Reviews of The Best Router For Apartment in 2023
1. TP-Link AX5400(Archer AX73) WiFi 6 Router
Frequency Band Class: Dual-Band
Wifi Speed: 5378 Megabits Per Second
Wireless Type: 802.11ac,802.11ax, 802.11n, 802.11b, 802.11g
Security Protocol: WPA2-PSK, WPA3, WPA2-Enterprise
- Provides 5400 Mbps WiFi speed
- Gigabit WiFi connection for 8K Streaming
- Full-Featured WiFi 6 Router
- Has 4T4R and HE160 technologies
- Comes with extensive coverage
- Designed with more Vents to cool the router
- Premium security protection with a 1-month free trial
- Loaded with other advanced features
- Super Speed: Enjoy 8K Streaming with ultra-fast wifi speed as this router is featured with Gigabit WiFi.
- Latest Technology: This router is designed with 4T4R and HE160 technologies that provide up to 4.8 Gbps wifi speed.
- Widespread Coverage: Designed with High-Power FEM, Beamforming technology,4T4R structures, and 6× Antennas to provide extensive wifi coverage at every corner in your apartment.
- Premium Security: You can keep secure your home network as well as can keep control of your kid’s browsing as it comes with premium security services and Basic Parental Controls.
- OneMesh Ready: You can add a OneMesh compatible Range Extender to create a powerful Whole Home WiFi connection.
One of the best routers for an apartment that comes with many higher technologies, including 4T4R and HE160, MU-MIMO, OFDMA, Gigabit WiFi for 8K Streaming, USB Sharing, TP-Link HomeShield, Parental Controls, QoS, and more.
Get the best experience with WiFi 6 performances and make your life more speedy with its super speed connection. This wifi router is designed with such a custom vent feature that keeps your router cool.
Overall, in my review, I recommend the TP-Link AX5400(Archer AX73) WiFi 6 Router as one of the best routers for apartment buildings and assuredly you may use it.
2. NETGEAR 4-Stream WiFi 6 Router (R6700AX)
Wifi Coverage: 1,500 sq. ft
Frequency Band Class: Dual-Band
Wifi Speed:1800 Megabits Per Second
Wired Ethernet Ports: 4 x 1G
Security Protocol: WPA2-PSK
- Comes with 1,500 square feet wifi coverage
- Amazing WiFi speeds up to 1.8Gbps
- Can connect up to 20 devices simultaneously
- Designed with 4 x 1G Ethernet ports
- Easy installation within a couple of minutes
- NETGEAR Armor cybersecurity protection for a 30-day free trial
- Provides 1-year limited hardware warranty
- WiFi 6 Technology: The wifi 6 technology lets you get faster 1.8Gbps Gigabit speed that’s why you can use this router as a perfect option for uninterrupted streaming, downloading, web conferencing, HD video gaming at 1.5X faster speed.
- 4 x 1G Ethernet Ports: Designed with 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports along with 1 Gigabit Ethernet WAN port to provide high performance and superb reliability for the wired connection.
- Easy Set-Up: Comes with a more user-friendly interface and you can easily handle many great features via the app.
- Cybersecurity Protection: Powered by Bitdefender, the NETGEAR Armor provides cybersecurity protection to keep all your home devices safe from malware, hacking, and viruses with 30 days free trial.
- Fiber & Internet Plans: As you see in its picture, this wifi router is designed with 3 antennas and 4 WiFi streams that can be compatible with any ISPs and provide up to 1 Gbps uninterrupted speed.
Featuring the Gigabit speed with WiFi 6 technology, this router can give you 1,500 sq. ft. wireless coverage and provide excellent speed for 20 devices simultaneously.
Besides, it has 4 x 1G Ethernet ports which will let you plug in game consoles, computers, streaming players, and other wired devices.
For your safe browsing, this best router for small apartments comes with the NETGEAR Armor cybersecurity protection so your devices will be protected from malware, data theft, and any other viruses.
Compared to the TP-Link AX5400(Archer AX73) WiFi 6 Router, this router has more reviews (40k+ global ratings) on Amazon. So if you hunt for the best router for a 1000 sq ft apartment, then this router will definitely be a perfect option for you.
3. Tenda Nova Tri-band Mesh WiFi System
Wifi Coverage: 6,000 sq.ft.
Frequency Band Class: Tri-Band
Wireless Type: 802.11ac
Wifi Speed: 2100 Megabits Per Second
Security Protocol: WPS, WPA2-PSK
- Designed with tri-band technology (2.4GHz, 5GHz-1, 5GHz-2)
- Has signal enhancement module for better coverage
- Provides 6,000 square feet wifi coverage
- Most powerful Wi-Fi mesh network
- Seamless Roaming system
- Comes with MU-MIMO and Beamforming technology
- Supports WPA2-PSK security protocols
- Advanced security protection
- Tri-Band Mesh Technology: Designed with three bands that can banish the lag at the time of streaming multiple devices simultaneously and delivers maximum speed.
- Extended Coverage: Comes with 6,000 sq.ft. wifi coverage with a strong and faster connection. So, any corner of your apartment won’t remain without the internet. Eliminate dead zones from your whole apartment with this Wi-Fi mesh network.
- High Capacity and Flexibility: Engineered with AC2100 Dual Band Nova Mesh Wi-Fi system, Beamforming, and MU-MIMO technology to provide stable and super speed wifi network up to 120 devices at the same time. So, enjoy a lag-free internet experience.
- Secure Mesh network: Use your devices safely without the fear of any hacking attacks as this router is designed with a WPA2-PSK security protocol. Protect your wifi network with this Wi-Fi mesh network.
- Seamless Roaming: Get a real seamless online experience as it provides a single network name and wifi password. Your devices may connect spontaneously to the most powerful AP node and give you a good experience.
In our review, this is the most extended coverage wifi router that comes with 6,000 sq.ft. wireless range. Besides, this Tri-band Mesh WiFi router is the greatest option for your traditional Wi-Fi extenders & routers replacement.
So, you can have no dead zones in your larger apartment and you can enjoy a lag-free experience spontaneously for up to 120 devices.
Other notable features are Wi-Fi mesh network, WPA2-PSK security protocol, Seamless Roaming all together make this router more worthy to provide the best wifi for apartment.
Compared to the NETGEAR 4-Stream WiFi 6 Router (R6700AX), this router is more powerful and provides more extended coverage.
So, certainly, you can purchase this Mesh WiFi System as the best wifi router for apartments and I enthusiastically recommend it.
4. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Smart Wi-Fi Router
Wifi Coverage:1800 sq.ft.
Frequency Band Class: Dual-Band
Wireless Type: 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency
Wifi Speed:1900 Megabits Per Second
Security Protocol: WPA2-PSK
- Designed with dual-band technology
- Delivers 1.9 Gbps interrupted speed
- Provides 1800 square feet wifi coverage
- Can connect up to 30 devices all together at a time
- Has four1 gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB ports
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- Equipped with 3 amplified antennas
- Compatible with WPA2 wireless security
- Has smart parental controls, Beamforming+, Smart Connect, and many advanced features
- Fast wifi Performance: Enjoy1900 Mbps faster wifi speeds up to 1800 square feet coverage. So, for your medium size apartment, this router might be a better option.
- 4 x 1 G Ethernet ports:Designed with 4 high-speed 1 gigabit Ethernet ports that let you get an excellent wired connection. Besides, it comes with 2 USB ports so you can share your storage drive or printer with the network.
- Advanced Technology: Developed with many advanced technologies including1GHz dual-core processor, Smart Connect, Dynamic QoS, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming technology, and more.
- NETGEAR Armor: To provide your devices the best protection, it comes with NETGEAR Armor, so you can browse your content without the fear of attacking malware, data theft, and other viruses.
- Smart Parental controls: Keep control of your kid’s internet browsing with the parental control feature. You can filter websites, set a time limit of browsing, view internet usage history, and more.
With compatibility for 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports, this router can give you the highest gaming experience. Enjoy unbelievable speeds for streaming HD videos that you never got the experience of before.
For your 1800 square foot apartment, this smart wifi router will perfectly accommodate, and you can connect up to 30 devices all together at the same time with consistent speed.
To keep pace with the latest technology, this wireless router is loaded with many advanced technologies like 1GHz dual-core processor, Beamforming+, 3 amplified antennas, Dynamic QoS, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, Smart Connect, Smart parental controls, and more.
Compared to the Tenda Nova Tri-band Mesh WiFi System, this router provides less wifi coverage, but it can be the best router for medium-sized apartments.
5. Gryphon Guardian Router & Mesh WiFi System
Operating System: IOS, Android
Frequency Band Class: Dual-Band
Wireless Type: 5 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11bgn, Bluetooth, 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency
Wifi Speed:1300 Megabits Per Second
Security Protocol: WPA-PSK
- Provides MESH Wifi Connectivity
- Delivers 1.3 Gbps wifi speed
- Comes with1800 square feet wifi coverage
- Featured with Un-Matched Advanced Internet Protection
- Brilliant Parental Control feature
- Antenna Beamforming, 2×2 MU-MIMO, and WPA3 Compatible
- Easy Setup & management via the Gryphon app
- AD blocker & automatic firmware updates available
- Fast Mesh WiFi Internet: Getting together the power of every tower or guardian, this mesh router provides seamless coverage for your entire apartment. In fact, no more dead zones will remain in your apartment.
- Advanced Internet Protection: Designed with many advanced protection features including home network security, personal data security, wifi & device protection, and more. In fact, this router is an arsenal of cyber-armor for your apartment and you can safely use any wifi device.
- Brilliant Parental Control: Keep full control of your children’s internet using the parental control feature. Via the app, you can easily check browsing history, do content filtering, safe search, and safe viewing also.
- Easy Installation & Management: Installation and management are super easy and there is a great deal of flexibility in setting up user groups.
Like the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Smart Wi-Fi Router, this mesh router also comes with 1,800Sq Ft wifi range. For your small apartment, you can buy 1 unit and for your medium-sized apartment you can buy 2 units and for the larger apartment, you need to buy 3 units. So, if the one unit gives 1,800Sq Ft coverage the three units will give 5400 Sq Ft coverage that will be perfect for your large-sized apartment.
If you buy one unit, then it will be a great wireless mesh router and 2 or more units together will work to create a MESH of impressive wireless coverage.
With the combination of the power of each tower or guardian, this Mesh WiFi Router can deliver seamless coverage through your whole apartment and you will have no dead regions at your home.
This Dual-Band Wireless Router also comes with many advanced features including parental control, un-matched advanced internet protection,2×2 MU-MIMO, beamforming, simultaneous dual-band radios, personal data security, and more.
So, you can buy this router as the best wifi mesh system for your apartment confidently.
6. TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 Smart WiFi Router (Archer AX50)
Wifi Speed: 3000 Megabits Per Second
Controller Type: IOS, Amazon Alexa, Android
Frequency Band Class: Dual-Band
Wireless Type: 802.11ax, 802.11n, 802.11ac
- Designed with the Next-Generation Wi-Fi 6 technology to provide a stable connection
- Achieved the JD Power Award for customer satisfaction in 2017 & 2019
- Next-gen 3 Gbps wifi speeds
- Equipped with 4 antennas
- OFDMA technology for connecting multiple devices simultaneously
- Reduced up to 75% lag for all devices
- Enhances your devices’ battery life
- Built in next-level antivirus, QoS, and robust parental controls features
- Next-Generation Wi-Fi 6: Designed with Wi-Fi 6 technology that provides faster speed than the Wi-Fi 5. Enjoy buffer-free smooth connection.
- 3X Faster WiFi Speeds: Designed with 4-Stream Dual Band that provides incredibly fast internet speeds up to 3x faster and you can enjoy 8K/4K streaming, video conferencing, intense online gaming without any buffering.
- More Reliable Coverage: Combining with the Beamforming technology and the 4 antennas, this wifi router focuses on the signal strength towards your connected devices to provide a more reliable coverage.
- Backwards Compatible: Supports any wifi-compatible devices including laptops, AX phones, and other devices effortlessly.
- Increased Battery Life: This Gigabit Router comes with target wake time technology (TWT that increases the battery life of your devices reducing the power consumption.
If you look for one of the best wifi routers that achieved the JD Power Award given for the highest customer satisfaction, then the TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 Smart WiFi Router (Archer AX50)is one of them.
However, this wireless router comes with Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11ax) technology that can deliver 3x faster wifi speeds, 75% lower latency, and 4x capacity when compared with the previous generation router.
Designed with 4 antennas that provide 3 Gbps concurrent wifi speeds so you can use this router for gaming, HD streaming, video conferencing like you have never observed before. Furthermore, its dual-core CPU makes sure that you will enjoy a buffer-free and smooth internet connection.
Besides this wifi 6 router comes with many advanced features like OFDMA technology, target wake time technology, advanced security, parental controls, backwards compatibility and more that make this router really worthy.
Comparing this wireless router to the Gryphon Guardian Router & Mesh WiFi System, this router features a faster data transfer rate.
So considering its overall features, I recommend this router as the best apartment wireless router at a reasonable price.
7. Motorola MG7550 Modem WiFi Router Combo
Gigabit Ethernet Ports: 4
Frequency Band Class: Dual-Band
Wireless Type: WiFi DFS frequencies
Wifi Speed: 1900 Megabits Per Second
- Can deliver up to 1.9 Gbps wifi speed
- Outstanding wireless performance
- Designed with DFS and Power Boost and Beamforming technology
- Comes with two years warranty
- Has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Best for actual cable Internet service
- Reduces unwieldy wiring
- High-performance WiFi: This modem router is designed with four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports that provide a super wired connection and its built-in high-speed Wi-Fi with DFS and Power Boost provide uninterrupted internet access for any wifi-enabled device.
- Creates a reliable connection: Unlike the TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 Smart WiFi Router (Archer AX50), this router can perform at WiFi DFS frequencies, consequently, no wifi interference from neighbors will happen and you can enjoy a dependable connection.
- Wireless WiFi Power Boost: The power boost technology of this Modem Router can amplify the wireless signal in accordance with the limit set by the FCC to provide enhanced wifi speeds and widen the WiFi range as well.
- Connect All Your Devices: You can connect smartphones, streaming media devices, computers, HDTVs, gaming stations, tablets, and many other wifi and Ethernet devices.
- Beamforming Technology: Designed with anyBeam WiFi beamforming at both dual-band(2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)concentrate on the wifi signal of your wireless devices to further raise wifi performance.
This is the last selection in my review that would be the best modem router combo for your apartment as it’s featured with a wireless power boost and can create a more reliable connection for the whole house.
This wifi modem router is compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Charter Spectrum, Cox, and many other internet service providers. But it doesn’t support AT&T, Verizon, DSL services, satellite, and other fiber optics.
However, this router can be used to connect all your smart devices including HDTVs, smartphones, tablets, computers, game stations, and other wifi and Ethernet devices at higher speeds.
Moreover, this modem router comes with many advanced features like Beamforming, firewall DFS, Gigabit Ethernet ports, Power Boost, and more.
For the customer’s peace of mind and satisfaction buying, this router also provides a two-year warranty.
Anyway, if you are on the lookout for the best modem router combo for your larger house, then the Motorola MG7550 Modem WiFi Router Combo would be a perfect solution.
What to consider before buying the best router for your apartment?
Finding the best wifi router for apartments is not so easy as different routers come with miscellaneous features and in accordance with your apartment size and the purpose of using, you should have a focus on some essential factors before purchasing. So for your kind information, here I have pointed out these essential factors:
- Higher wifi Speed: Different wifi routers come with different wireless speeds and you have to pick out in accordance with the purpose of your use. Like if you want to use your wifi router for playing games, then you must require a higher speed wifi router.
- Higher wifi Coverage:In accordance with the size of your apartment, you have to choose the router that’s mostly compatible with your apartment size. Like if your apartment is 1500 square feet, then your router must have minimum wifi coverage of 1500 square feet.
- MU-MIMO Technology: You have to check the router whether it comes with the MU-MIMO technology because this feature lets your router connect multiple devices simultaneously with consistent wireless speed.
- Security Protocols: For a safe and secure network, check whether your router supports security protocols.
- Affordable Price: Some routers are expensive but worth the price. So, you have to find such routers that are worth their price and provide the best performance according to their price.
- Higher Security: If you use such routers that don’t provide any security protection for your devices, then your devices may likely be attacked by malware, viruses, and data theft also. So, before buying the best router for your house, you must consider this important factor.
- Dual Band/Tri Band/ Single Band: Most routers come with dual-band frequencies and a few of them come with tri-band technology. But the single band is the older model and so you should focus on the dual ban or tri-band routers.
- Easy Setup: It’s an open secret factor that shouldn’t be avoided. Best routers come with easy setup and easy management features. So, you should read the instructions completely before buying.
You can Read: Top 10 Best Router for Spectrum Review 2022
FAQs of Best Router For Apartment
Should you buy a modem and router together or separate?
Generally, the answer to this question depends on your purpose of using it. If you want to use a router for your home and you don’t need many advanced features then you can buy a modem router combo.
On the other hand, if you want to use the router for your office or business purposes, then it will be better to buy a modem and router separately.
What is the main purpose of a router?
Usually, a router’s main duty is to connect different networks simultaneously. There are two main purposes of a router and one of them is to ensure the data is to the right destination and the other is to prevent data from going to the unpermitted destination.
Is there any specific requirement to look after the best router for small and large apartments?
Obviously, there are specific requirements to look for the best routers for your small and large apartments. For your larger apartments, you have to look for extended coverage wifi routers, and for your small apartments, you may choose both extended coverage or the minimum wifi coverage like your apartment size. Also you can use wifi extender if you don’t get good signal!
Also Read: Looking For The Best Router For 2 Story House? [ Complete Buying Guide 2023]
It can’t be denied that your apartment wifi system is out of imagination without a router. But when it comes to the best apartment wireless router, then you must find out the best wifi routers that work precisely and are mostly compatible with your apartment.
Therefore, taking this into consideration, I have reviewed the top 7 best routers for your apartment as well as a buying guide and I honestly tried to unfold the remarkable features of these routers. Hopefully, these routers will go with your requirements.
My best-recommended router for your apartment: TP-Link AX5400(Archer AX73) WiFi 6 Router.
Thank you and Best wishes!!