It might be quite challenging to find the Best mesh wifi for 2 Story houses as the requirements for larger ranges are very different. It’s because concrete and many other materials may decrease the wifi routers signal.
In that case, you should choose a larger range and greater quality routers so that the wifi signal can easily reach the second story through the brick walls.
Besides you know that the more the distance from the router to the devices you use will be, the weaker the wifi signal you will get.
And at a time, you won’t get any signal if you go away from the coverage range. So, it’s very important to choose the routers according to the range of your house.
Usually, if you live in a larger house, then you need a greater wifi coverage router. So, in this sense, the minimum router’s coverage capacity for a 2 story building should be 1500 sq ft and it will be as excellent as the coverage capacity is larger.
As an expert on routers and after spending lots of time and long research, I have reviewed here the top 10 Best Router for 2 Story House that are great in wifi coverage and excellent in quality.
Besides, I tried to review the buying guide so that you can easily find out the factors you should consider before choosing the best router for multi level house.
A Brief Summary
Google WiFi system, 3-Pack – Router Replacement – Best router for 4000 sq ft house– “Comes with 3 units and each unit can cover 1500 Sq ft with elegant speed. So, this Google WiFi system will be the perfect choice for a 4000 sq ft house. Designed with superior MESH technology that provides blazing speeds and excellent coverage. Thanks to Google for making this highly functional and easy wifi setup device. Overall, I enthusiastically suggest this Google WiFi set as the best router for a duplex.”
NETGEAR Orbi (RBK752)Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 Router – Best Router for Two Story House Overall – “One of the highest-performing routers in the market and hopefully it might be the best router you have ever used for your two-story house. If you really hunt for super, reliable, and stable WiFi signals over a broader range with an easy UI, then I highly recommend this mesh router.”
ASUS ZenWiFi AX6600 Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System – Best Long-Range Router–”This Tri-Band Mesh router comes with the Next-Gen Wi-Fi 6 Technology and can cover up to 5500 sq. ft with a consistent connection. If you live in a two-story home, you will get a strong wifi signal in every corner of your home and definitely, there will be no dead spots and dropouts in your home. So, truly this router can be used as the best long-range wifi router for your larger home.”
NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System – Best router for multi level house–“If you use this router for your multi-level house, definitely you will be a fan of Netgear. Because this Tri-band Mesh WiFi System is totally awesome and the signal is more stable with no buffering while streaming. This wifi router comes with a satellite that helps to extend high-performance WiFi signals everywhere in the house. Besides, this is the most award-winning Mesh WiFi system that you can assuredly use as the best option for your multi level house.”
TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System(Deco M5)– Best Mesh Router for Large Homes– “This Mesh WiFi System is amazing. Definitely, it will be an awful purchase for your large home. It comes with 3 units that work uninterruptedly to create the fastest signal. Designed with unique adaptive routing technology that can automatically select the most speedy path for your every device.”
Tenda AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router– Best Wifi Router for 2 Story House (Low Budget)– “I would say confidently, at this lowest price, you can’t find a second one like this excellent quality WiFi Router in the market for your two-story home. Equipped with four omnidirectional antennas and designed with Mu Mimo and beamforming technology. Consequently, you will get consistently high-speed connections throughout your large apartment. Overall, in my research, this is the best router for your 2 story home at the lowest budget.”
TP-Link Wifi 6 AX1500 Smart WiFi Router– Best router for 3000 sq ft house (Affordable Price)– “This Next-gen Dual Band router has achieved the highest in customer satisfaction ‘JD Power Award’ for wireless routers in 2017 and 2019. Designed with 1. 5 GHz tri-core processor that ensures the buffer-free and smooth connection between the router and all your connected devices. At an affordable price, this wifi router will be the Best router for a 3000 sq ft house without any doubt.”
NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router– Best Wireless Router for 3000 SQ Ft House– “This is one of the most expensive routers that comes with many advanced technologies to support Wi-Fi 6 and provide uninterrupted speed. Built with a quad-core 2.2Ghz CPU and supports WPA3, OFDMA, beamforming technologies, and more advanced features. With up to 6 Gbps wifi speed and 3,500 sq. ft. wifi coverage, this router might be the best option for your 3000 sq ft apartment. Though the price of this Amazon’s Choice wireless router is high, it’s worth the money for its quality and function.”
Speedefy (Model K7)AC2100 Smart WiFi Router – Best Router for 2000 SQ Ft House– “This wireless router provides outstanding wireless speed with up to 2500 sq. ft. coverage. So, if you look for one of the best routers for a 2000 sq ft house, then this might be captured on your list. Designed with 7 antennas to provide stronger signals. Besides, it has more good reviews and outstanding features that make it the perfect router for a large home. ”
Motorola AC2600 4×4 WiFi Smart Gigabit Router– Best router for 1500 SQ Ft House– “For the 1500 sq ft house, you probably can’t find the better one than this router at this price. Compared to the NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router, this router comes with more wifi speed and advanced features. So, I enthusiastically recommend this router for your two-story building. Definitely, you will be happy with your purchase. ”
What to Consider Before Buying a Mesh WiFi for 2 Story House?
If you hunt for routers that greatly can cover every corner of your 2 story house, then you have to consider some important factors. Actually, which features you will look for will depend on the size of your home. But also there are some common features that a good router should have.
Besides, in accordance with the square footage of your apartment, you have to select routers. If you choose a low coverage and bad quality router for your big house, then your suffering will be no bound.
So, keeping in mind that, here I have given some important factors that you must take into account before buying a router for your two-story home.
- WiFi Coverage: This is the most important factor you must have to consider before buying a router. For your 2000 sq ft house, you must have to choose the routers that come with at least 2000 sq ft wifi coverage. The more wifi coverage means the more area it can cover.
- Data Transfer Rate: This is one of the most considerable factors that you should hunt for. The more data transfer rate per second the router provides, the more wifi speed it means. So, if you want to get faster internet speed, then your routers should have a high data transfer rate.
- WiFi Standards: Take into consideration whether your router is designed with the latest wifi 6 technology. Because this feature helps to provide faster speed and better signals to your multiple devices simultaneously.
- Price: It’s true that the more price the better quality. But sometimes high-priced products come with bad quality. So, you have to look for such routers at your desired budget that come with the best quality overall.
- Quality of Service (QoS): This is an excellent feature that lets you optimize your router’s performances. For instance, you can set the settings to perform best for playing games, making Skype calls or streaming videos at the given time. It will provide more bandwidth for the options you select. That’s why, you will get better speed for your desired option than before.
- Antennas: You may think that the antennas have no value but that’s not the fact. The wifi router’s antennas send more signals to the side you direct. For instance, if you want to set up a router at the central point of your building and you need the signals in all directions, then it will be better to set up the router pointing the antennas in omni directions.
- Smart-home integration: If you use smart devices and sensors in your home and want to handle them in a better way then you should hunt for such routers that support Amazon Alexa. Then you can easily control your router with the voice assistant.
- LAN Ports: If you want to get super speed in your wired connection, then you must look for whether your router comes with ethernet ports. It will be much better if your router has Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- USB Ports: If you want to connect your router to a printer, external hard drive, or flash drive, then the router must have USB Ports. The latest technology router comes with 3.0USB ports. You can quickly expand your shareable storage with the home network.
- Number of Devices: Decide first, how many devices you want to connect to your router. If you want to buy a router for your office where multiple users will use the network, then you have to choose the router that’s compatible with multiple devices.
- Lifespan: Bear in mind that no products last forever. But usually good quality products last longer and in this sense, you have to focus on the build quality of the wifi routers.
- House Size: It’s a very important factor that you must consider before buying a router. If your house size is more than the router’s coverage then you can’t find a good signal everywhere in your house. Suppose your home size is 4000 sq ft and you choose a router with up to 2000 sq ft wifi coverage, then it’s impossible to reach the signal to your entire house with this router.
- Setup & Management: Look for routers that are quite easier to set up and handle. It’s also an important factor that you should take into account.
- Mesh Wi-Fi: If you want to get faster connections throughout your entire house, then check whether your routers support the Mesh Wi-Fi system. Day by day, the demand for Mesh Wi-Fi systems is increasing.
- Advanced Security Features: Best quality routers come with many advanced security features to protect your connected devices from viruses and data theft. Keep in mind that low quality routers also provide security features, but the problem is that you won’t get the perfect security. Because to run these advanced features your router should have powerful hardware and minimum a dual core processor.
- Frequency Band: Usually, we see that wifi routers support two frequency bands; one is 2.4GHz and the other is 5GHz. If you want to use multiple devices around your home with less interference and congestion then the 2.4GHz band will be the best.On the other hand, if you want faster speed with less clutter, then the 5GHz band will be the best. But in this modern era of technology, most of the routers come with dual-band (Supports both 2.4GHz &5GHz)and provide faster wireless speed even if you live in a crowded area. The latest wifi routers come with tri band technology and they are faster than dual band. So, you should look for such wifi routers that come with dual-band or tri band frequency.
Here Are the Best Mesh Wifi Router for 2 Story House
NETGEAR Orbi (RBK752)Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 Router – Best Overall
- Wifi Coverage : Up to 5,000 sq. ft.
- Data Transfer Rate : 4.2 Gigabits Per Second
- Frequency Band Class: Tri-Band
- Wireless Types : 802.11ax
- Security Protocol :WPA2-PSK
This router comes with a satellite extender to provide up to 5,000 sq. ft. coverage and can connect up to 40 devices with excellent signal strength. The router is designed with 3 Gigabit Ethernet ports and the satellite is designed with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports. So, you can connect your game consoles, computers, streaming players and enjoy a super speed wired connection.
Designed with the Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 System and provides up to 4.2Gbps wifi speed so this is good enough to meet your criteria perfectly. Besides, this wifi router has achieved Amazon’s Choice ranking in the field of Whole Home and Mesh Wi-Fi Systems.
So, I highly recommend this latest technology WiFi 6 system for your two-story house as the best one in the market for its overall value.
- Extended Coverage: This Tri-band Mesh wifi system comes with a router and an extender that provide 5,000 sq. ft. wifi coverage and can connect to the existing cable modem and replace the wifi router. Supports any ISPs up to 2Gbps internet plans.
- Signal Strength: According to an Amazon review, the signal strength of this router throughout the home is almost 100% all the time. It’s designed with WiFi 6 technology that provides very fast AX4200 Gigabit speed and uninterrupted connection for streaming, web conferencing, and HD video gaming as well.
- Cybersecurity Protection: You will get a 30-day free trial of NETGEAR Armor cybersecurity protection that’s powered by Bitdefender. It will protect your all connected devices from data theft, malware, and more harmful viruses.
- Connects More Devices: You can run up to 40 devices simultaneously connecting to this router with a consistent speed.
- Parental Controls: Get a 30-day free trial of the smart parental controls feature to ensure safe browsing for your kids.
- Easy Setup & Management: Awful App and the setup is pretty simple. You may require a few minutes to complete the setup. management via the app is also super easy.
- Great coverage
- perfect for big house
- Mesh system performs well
- You can backup and restore the configuration for fast, repeatable operations
- You will get mail notifications when you try to access blocked URLs
- Only supports a single SSID
ASUS ZenWiFi AX6600 Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System – Best for long-range
- Wifi Coverage : Up to 5500 sq.ft
- Brand : ASUS
- Data Transfer Rate : 6600 Megabits Per Second
- Frequency Band Class: Tri-Band
- Wireless Types : 802.11ax
This is ours another selection that’s also designed with Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System and provides excellent performance. There will be no buffering and dead zone in your two story house.
If you compare this router to our previous model, then you can see that this router provides lifetime free network security where our previous model NETGEAR Orbi (RBK752)Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 Router comes with a 30-day free trial cybersecurity protection feature.
However, the Next-Gen Wi-Fi 6 along with OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology make this router perfect to cover your entire house and you can use multiple devices with faster speed connecting to this router simultaneously.
So, overall this router is definitely worth being the Best Router for 2 Story House.
- Next-Gen Wi-Fi 6 Technology: Designed with the MU-MIMO and OFDMA technologies that ensure more uninterrupted signal and super faster speed to your connected devices.
- No Dead Zone: This Tri-band mesh WiFi system provides up to 6600Mbps wireless speed and can cover approximately 5500 ft area with consistent signals. So, if you live in a two-story house and use this mesh wifi system, then certainly you will have no dead zones in your home.
- Up-to-date Protection: Without any subscription fee, you will get up-to-date commercial-grade security protection that ensures superb protection of your devices from the Attacks of viruses, malware, and threats.
- AiMesh Supported: ASUS ZenWiFi comes with the AiMesh supported feature that provides flexible wifi connections to your whole home and you can prefer the separate wifi names for the individual frequency bands.
- Hassle-Free Management: The web interface brings forth widespread controls and you can easily manage the settings via the ASUS App.
- Smart design for smart house
- No dead spots and buffering
- The web interface allows comprehensive controls
- Ensures commercial-grade security without any subscription fee
- Ensures strong and flexible WiFi connection up to 5500 sq ft
- Quite expensive
NETGEAR Orbi (RBK50)Tri-band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System – Best for multi level house
- Wifi Coverage : Up to 5,000 sq. ft.
- Data Transfer Rate : 3000 Megabits Per Second
- Frequency Band Class: Tri-Band
- Wireless Types : 802.11a/g/n/ac, 802.11bgn, 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency
- Security Protocol : WPA2-PSK
At an affordable price, this Ultra-performance Mesh WiFi system is perfect to provide the uniformly fast speed in every inch of your two story home. It comes with up to 5,000 sq ft of steadfast coverage and that’s why you will have no dead spots and buffering in your entire house.
Compared to the ASUS ZenWiFi AX6600 Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System, this router is more budget friendly.
However, you can use this system as one of the best routers for a two story house and this router is really worth your hard-earned money.
- Super Fast & Seamless WiFi: Designed with expandable mesh wifi that provides uninterrupted signals to every corner of your house. So, use this mesh router to get super-fast, reliable, and seamless connections.
- No Buffering: This is the NETGEAR Orbi (RBK50) model that comes with 2-pack 1 router & 1 satellite. The most award-winning Mesh WiFi system that supports Amazon Alexa and provides up to 5,000 square feet of buffering-free wifi coverage.
- Tri Band Technology: Built-in tri-band technology that maintains steadfast speeds to the more devices you use wifi simultaneously.
- Simple Management: Via the Orbi app, you can spontaneously access parental controls, handle your WiFi settings, create a guest network, test your wifi speed, and more.
- Fast Wired Connection: Compatible with any ISPs internet plan and provides up to 500 Mbps speed. The Gigabit port lets you connect your wired devices, game box, computer, TV, and more to this router and get a super-fast wired connection.
- High Protection: Like the NETGEAR Orbi (RBK752)Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 Router , it also comes with Cybersecurity Protection but it offers a 90-days free trial.
- Award-winning Mesh WiFi system
- Speedy and reliable wifi signal
- No cloud management needed
- Excellent looking hardware
- Outstanding networking features
- The firmware upgrade is infested
TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System(Deco M5)– Best mesh for large homes
- Wifi Coverage : Up to 5,500 sq. ft.
- Data Transfer Rate : 1300 Megabits Per Second
- Frequency Band Class: Dual-Band
- Wireless Types : 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, , 5 GHz Radio Frequency, 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency
- Security Protocol : WPA-PSK;WPA2-PSK
If you want to run 100+ devices simultaneously with a larger coverage, then this Deco Mesh WiFi System might be the best option. It comes with 3 units that perfectly can cover up to 5,500 sq. ft. area.
So, for your larger house and multiple devices, this mesh router will be amazing. Its price is less than the NETGEAR Orbi (RBK50)Tri-band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System but comes with many useful features including adaptive routing technology, parental controls, security protection and more to ensure better performance.
Overall, I highly suggest this router as the best mesh router for your large homes.
- Better Coverage: Comes with 3 units that work simultaneously and provide up to 5,500 strong coverage. Compared to the traditional routers, it provides better coverage.
- Adaptive Routing Technology: Designed with adaptive routing technology that helps to select the fastest path for each device automatically. So, you will get more speed than before.
- Stable Wi-Fi: Instead of a wifi extender, it can be better to use for seamless roaming and stable wifi throughout your two-story building with only a network name and password.
- Secure Mesh Network: TP-Link HomeCare provides a free lifetime subscription to get secure protection as well as other important features like Robust Parental Controls, QoS, and more.
- Simple Setup: The setup is very simple. Following the instructions, you can set up it within a few minutes. Via the TP-Link Deco app, you can handle all the wifi settings.
- Amazing mesh routers
- A breeze to use the App
- Surprising Coverage
- Small Footprint
- Access point or Router Mode
- Offers a free lifetime subscription to the Next-level Antivirus
- Requires Wall Mount Option
Tenda AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router– Best wifi for 2 story house (Low Budget)
- Wifi Coverage : Up to 2000 Sq. ft.
- Data Transfer Rate : 1.2 Gigabits Per Second
- Frequency Band Class: Dual-Band
- Wireless Types : 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Security Protocol : WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK
In my opinion, this is the lowest budget router with the best quality and can provide up to 2000 Sq ft consistent coverage. It’s a Dual-Band router that supports WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK protocols and is also compatible with Google Assistant & Amazon alexa.
It’s also designed with 4 omni directional antennas that help to provide better signal. If you compare this router to the TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System(Deco M5)),you can see that its price is comparatively very low but has achieved Amazon’s choice rangking and good reviews.
So, if you look for the Best Router for 2 Story House at the lowest price, then I enthusiastically recommend this router and hopefully you will be happy with the purchase.
- Fast Connections : This wifi router is designed with 4 powerful 5dBi antennas that may send seamless signals to floor to floor and room to room of your house. Built in multi-oscillator technology to provide high performance WiFi coverage and eliminate dead spots.
- Advanced Technology: Supports beamforming and Mu Mimo technology that let you connect multiple devices at a time with consistent signals.
- 4 LAN Ports: Comes with 4 LAN ports to provide steadfast and secure wired connections. Supports most of the major internet providers and can be used perfectly for any internet plan as well.
- Easy Control: Just download the Tenda Wifi app and get many helpful tools including parental controls, wifi settings and more to maintain the router easily.
- Safe Internet Connections: You can enjoy safe and secure browsing as this router supports WPA/WPA2 PSK mixed security system. Your information will be safe because of its industry level password encryption feature.
- Very low price but has good value for the price
- Excellent wireless range
- Great wifi signal
- Supports WISP/WDS
- UI makes configuration a breeze
- Troublesome paper instructions
Google WiFi system, 3-Pack – Router Replacement – Best for 4000 sq ft house
- Wifi Coverage : Up to 4,500 Sq. ft
- Data Transfer Rate : 1200 Megabits Per Second
- Frequency Band Class: Single-Band
- Wireless Types : 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 5 GHz Radio Frequency, 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency
- Security Protocol : WPA2-PSK
Thanks to Google for producing this good router! Comes with the latest wireless technology and provides fantastic wired and Wi-Fi speeds. It’s highly functional and might be the best router for your 4000 sq ft house.
Unlike the Tenda AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router, it’s designed with single band but compatible with 5 GHz Radio Frequency,2.4 GHz Radio Frequency and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Frequency.
It has many amazon good reviews and many reviewers highly recommend this router for anyone who is looking for a good mesh network for a large house.
- Nonstop WiFi Coverage : This router comes with 3-Pack and each router provides up to 1,500 sq ft wifi coverage. So, this set of google wifi devices works together and can cover up to 4,500 sq ft with excellent signal strength.
- Replaces Current Router: Can replace your current router and work better than the traditional routers. Besides, this google wifi supports most of the major ISPs like Time Warner, Comcast,Verizon Fios, etc.
- Network Assist Technology: This is an excellent feature that helps this router to select the closest channel and fastest band so that your devices can be connected to this wifi system quickly.
- Simple App: Very simple to use the app and it allows you to get info like connected devices and test the speed and handle more settings.
- No Dead Spots & Buffering: It truly provides decent wifi signal and definitely you will get the peace of mind for its wifi coverage and signal strength. Find no more dead spots and buffering throughout your building.
- Superior MESH technology
- Super fast speed
- Vastly improved coverage
- Straight forward setup
- Looks awesome
- You can see which devices are connected
- You can block unwanted devices
- Requires Dynamic DNS and Vpn support
TP-Link Wifi 6 AX1500 Smart WiFi Router– Best for 3000 sq ft house (Affordable Price)
- Data Transfer Rate : 1500 Megabits Per Second
- LAN Port Bandwidth : Gigabit
- Frequency Band Class: Dual-Band
- Wireless Types : 802.11ac, 802.11n, 802.11b, 802.11ax, 802.11g
- Security Protocol : WPS2, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK
Featuring the Triple-core processing, 4 Gigabit LAN Ports, OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology, Parental Controls,Alexa Compatibility, this next-gen dual band router comes with a reasonable price.
Compared to the Google WiFi system, 3-Pack – Router Replacement, this router provides less coverage but is best for a 3000 sq ft house. It has earned the JD Power Award for customer satisfaction as well as Amazon’s Choice rangking for its quality.
So, at the reasonable price, you can buy it for your 3000 sq ft house as the best smart WiFi router.
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction: It has achieved the highest ranking JD Power Award in customer satisfaction in the wireless routers of 2017 and 2019. This is the award given for dependability, initial quality, excellent design and high performance of the product.
- More Coverage: It uses Beamforming technology to provide better coverage with no interference. So, you will get reliable and consistent signals throughout your house.
- Triple-Core Processing: This TP-Link Wifi 6 smart router is designed with 1. 5 GHz tri-core processor that ascertain better connection between your connected devices and the router. So, enjoy buffer-free and smooth speed to stream 4k HD videos.
- Latest Wireless Technology: This is the next gen dual band router that comes with Wi-Fi 6 technology, MU-MIMO and OFDMA technology. It diminishes the lag significantly. So, enjoy more data with strong and stable connection to your more devices
- Easy Setup: Setup is very fast and easy via the powerful TP-Link tether app. You can finish the setup process within a couple of minutes.
- Received JD Power Award
- Next-gen Dual Band router
- Reasonable price
- Steadfast signal and great speed
- User-friendly app
- Confined firmware updates
NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router– Best for 3000 sq ft house
- Wifi Coverage : Up to 3500 Sq. ft
- Data Transfer Rate : 6 Gigabits Per Second
- Frequency Band Class: Dual-Band
- Wireless Types : 802.11a, 802.11n, 802.11g, 802.11b, 802.11ac
- Security Protocol : WPA3
Like the TP-Link Wifi 6 AX1500 Smart WiFi Router, this router is also best for a 3000 sq ft house but this router is quite pricey. Though it’s quite expensive, it’s absolutely worth the price for its overall performance and quality.
This router comes with the latest WiFi standard that ensures ultra-fast WiFi speeds throughout your entire house. If you have budget, then I highly recommend this elegant look router as the best option for your 3000 sq ft apartment.
Definitely, you will be amazed at its quality and performance.
- WIFI 6 Technology : Built in WIFI 6 technology that lets you stream uninterrupted 4 k HD videos,games, video conferencing or download files at the 6 Gb per second transfer rate.
- Supports All Internet providers: Certified by all the major internet providers and supports up to 2Gbps internet plan.
- Wired Ethernet Ports: Built in 4 x 1G & 1 x 1/2.5/5G Ethernet ports that lets you plug in your any wired devices including game consoles, computers, and streaming players and gives you enjoy super wired speed.
- USB Connections: Featured with 2 x 3.0 USB ports that let you share your storage drive and make a personal cloud storage. You can access the cloud storage using the USB ports from anywhere.
- Cyber Threat Protection: It provides a 30-day free trial of the NETGEAR Armor Cyber Threat Protection. Your all connected devices will be protected from malware and viruses.
- Easy Management: Setup is extremely easy and you can control your router with the Nighthawk app. Enjoy more features including internet pausing, remote access to your network, speed test and more using the app.
- Quad-core 2.2GHz processor
- Super fast wifi speed (6 Gbps)
- Outstanding Design
- Worth the price
- Supports WPA2/WPA3 protocols
- Designed with MU-MIMO, OFDMA,1024-QAM and Dynamic QoS technologies
- Highly expensive
Speedefy (Model K7)AC2100 Smart WiFi Router – Best for 2000 sq ft house
- Wifi Coverage : Up to 2500 sq. ft.
- Data Transfer Rate : 2100 Megabytes Per Second
- Frequency Band Class: Dual-Band
- Wireless Types : 802.11ac, 802.11n, 802.11g
- Security Protocol : WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
This router is designed with seven 6dBi antennas that provide outstanding wireless speed and you can use this router for your 2000 sq ft duplex house. You can easily configure various WiFi names for both 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz bands. The parental control and VPN setting works pretty well.
Compared to the NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router, this router provides less wifi coverage but can be used perfectly for your duplex house. In fact, if you’re a gamer, this router might be the best choice at this price.
- Superb Wireless Speed: Superb Wireless Speed: Provides up to 2500 sq. ft. outstanding wireless speed and supports both 5GHz &2.4GHz dual band gigabit WiFi. Its dual core CPU eliminates buffering and lets you browse and stream at high speed.
- Powerful Signal: Equipped with seven 6dBi external omni-directional antennas and designed with MU-MIMO technology that ensures powerful signals to multiple devices simultaneously.
- Simple Setup: Like the NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router, it’s also a breeze to set up and you can install it within 5 minutes.
- Safeguard Security: Comes with WPA2-PSK protocols that can detect viruses and defend your devices from hack and attacks. So, enjoy your browsing securely.
- Advanced Features: This router has many advanced features like parental control, Accelerate WiFi, Guest network, and more. You can limit your kids’ internet browsing effectively. Accelerate WiFi ensures to optimize your internet fastly and the Guest network feature Isolates your devices’ own information from other devices.
- Fantastic signal range
- Multiple devices you can run spontaneously
- No buffering at all
- Extremely easy setup
- Affordable price
- Requires USB port for external hard drive
Motorola AC2600 4×4 WiFi Smart Gigabit Router– Best for 1500 sq ft house
- Brand : Motorola
- Data Transfer Rate : 2600 Megabits Per Second
- Frequency Band Class : Dual-Band
- Wireless Types : 801.11ac
- Security Protocol : WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
In this review, this is our last selection and it has more wifi speed rate and coverage than the Speedefy (Model K7)AC2100 Smart WiFi Router. It can be used functionally for a 2000 sq ft or1500 sq ft house.
This dual-band wifi router comes with many advanced features including a USB 3.0 port, IPv4 & IPv6 support, user-friendly firewall, Smart QoS, parental controls,4 adjustable antennas, guest network capability, MU-MIMO technology, and more.
Most certainly, you would be happy with the purchase of this router for your duplex house.
- Outstanding Wifi Speed: This WiFi Smart Gigabit Router is designed with beamforming technology that provides blazing fast WiFi speeds to every corner in your 1500 sq ft house.
- 4 Gigabit LAN Ports: Featured with 4 Gigabit LAN ports that help you connect all your devices including smartphones, computers, HDTVs, tablets, game stations, and more, and enjoy super fast speed.
- Four External Antennas: As you see that it has been designed with 4 external antennas that proffer 4X4 performance. This dual-band router supports both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz connections and has been configured with 802.11ac Wave 2 & MU-MIMO technology that considerably increases the speed of the wifi network.
- Advanced Features: This Dual-Core processor wifi router comes with many advanced features such as a user-friendly firewall, Smart QoS, parental controls, IPv4 and IPv6 compatibility, guest network capability, and more.
- Performs extremely well
- Easiest Setup
- Surprisingly strong router
- Definitely has proper value for the price
- It’s difficult to wall mount it
Q1. Where to Place The Wireless Router in Your 2 Story House?
The position where you set up the router greatly impacts on the signal strength as well as the internet speed overall. So, the location where you will set up the router has a huge importance. If you don’t position your router in the proper place in your two story house, then you mightn’t receive the consistent signal as well.
Therefore, where to place your wifi router in your two story home and what factors you have to consider, here are the following:
- Select a central location: Radio signals of the routers are radiated all around. That’s why you have to set up the router in a centralized place of your house so that it can equally cover every place of your house.
- Somewhere on higher Position: For your two-story house, you have to set up the router on the ceiling of the first floor. If you set up your router on the ground, the vertical coverage radiation will be wasted. So, it should be kept in an elevated place.
- Put it away from walls and windows: Set up the router away from the window and walls because if you put it near the window the wifi signal radiation will be wasted outside of your house. And the wall’s construction materials may decrease the signal strength. That’s why it will be better to place the router away from the walls and windows.
- Keep away from any interference: Any metal appliances like shelves, metal cabinets, steel desks, refrigerators, and more related can interfere with the wifi signal strength badly. Besides, you have to be serious about the large water resources like fish tanks as the wifi signal is slower in water than in air.Not only that, Bluetooth devices and phones may interfere with the radio waves of your wifi router.
Q2. Is it better to have a WiFi router upstairs or downstairs?
Basically, it’s better to have a WiFi router in the central position of your house. But if you ask to know what would be better to have a router upstairs or downstairs then I will tell you that the wifi routers perform better if it’s set up upstairs than downstairs.
Q3. How can I boost my wifi signal in a two-story house?
If you want to boost your wifi signal in your duplex house then it would be the best option to use a wifi extender. But you must ensure that your device is away from the walls and other obstruction materials.
Q4. Which router technologies ensure the best connection for my duplex house?
There are several technologies that ensure the best connection for your duplex house and they are the following:
- Next-Gen Wi-Fi 6 Technology
- Mesh technology
- Beamforming technology
- High-performance antennas
- Adaptive routing technology
- QoS technology
- Gigabit Ethernet ports
Q5. What is the best Wi-Fi router for a 2 Story House?
After lots of product research and time investing, I reviewed here the top10 best routers that all are best for a duplex house. But considering the wifi coverage, data transfer rate, latest features, and overall quality, in my opinion, the ASUS ZenWiFi AX6600 Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System among the 10 routers will be the best wifi router.
You can Read: Top 7 Best Router For An Apartment 2022 Buyers Guide
In this review, I have tried my best to pick the best products for you. My all selected routers are great in quality and most of the routers have earned Amazon’s choice ranking and have many amazon 5 Start reviews.
Even in my selection, several routers have achieved the JD Power Award for customers’ satisfaction. So, you can purchase any routers among these 10 routers according to your house size, wifi coverage expectation, and budget. Hopefully you will be happy with your purchase.
However, I particularly recommend the ASUS ZenWiFi AX6600 Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System as the Best Router for 2 Story House.
Thank you. Best wishes!!